Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Can't download 4k video to my iphone x

I'm learning how to use my new Hero7 Black and took a video. When I tried to download the video to my iphone x, I received a message telling me that my device couldn't download HEVC video. This shouldn't be a problem as this phone can take video in that format. I can download the file from the Hero7 to my laptop, but not my phone. What am I missing here?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Can't download 4k video to my iphone x

Thank you for the details that you provided, @oughflame45347 and @chubstr. We have brought this matter to our team's attention. We will update you once a fix is available. Typically, the fix comes through an update for the app so you will also get notified through the app itself. Best regards!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @chubstr

What was the fps used when the video was taken?

For reference, please check: Supported Resolutions for Copy and Share in the GoPro App

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Hi @aragon1006 - it was 4k 30fps.

GoPro

Hi @chubstr,

Is it the first time that you encountered that issue? 

Have you tried downloading HEVC files from GoPro before?

If this is the first time, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app and then pair it again. 

Please let us know if you'll still receive the same issue. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

I also have this problem but with iPad Pro 12.9 2017. Quik always do conversion to h264, it’s very annoying. Please fix this ASAP!
GoPro

@chubstr

@toughflame45347

I just want to confirm, what is the aspect ratio that you're using? 

Please make sure that it's on 16:9 and let us know if that will work. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

Yes, everything is set like you said, sharing files via gopro quik key, GoPro.app always converts the file... very annoying, please fix this.

GoPro

Thank you for the details that you provided, @oughflame45347 and @chubstr. We have brought this matter to our team's attention. We will update you once a fix is available. Typically, the fix comes through an update for the app so you will also get notified through the app itself. Best regards!