Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Can't buy GoPro Hero10. Error when clicking on the "Place Order" button on final step.

[ New ]

Got a reply from the support team today to my email from September 20.
"The issue is being fixed, please try to re-order.

We appreciate your patience through this process. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us by requesting a callback or chat, and we’ll be happy to help..."

Well that gives hope ... 

Would be happy if GoPro gets the problems under control and wish everyone luck with ordering

Sightseer

Re: Can't buy GoPro Hero10. Error when clicking on the "Place Order" button on final step.

[ New ]

the same problem 

Hiker

[ New ]

I've contacted the support last Thursday, sent them screenshots from my whole process and a link to this thread (specifically to my post #16). I was emailed on Monday with a statement that they are still working on it. I contacted support again yesterday (a week from when I submitted the screenshots and information) and was told the technical team is still working on it. As a fololw-up (or a very tight coincidence), I was sent exactly the same email as on Monday, ensuring me they are working on my problem and that the representative, as a fellow consumer, understands the importancy of getting a timely resolution.

I'll report here if it actually gets resolved. So far, the situation stays the same for me here in Vietnam, neither PayPal not other browsers/IPs/addresses/people ordering help circumvent the issue. I've been attempting to buy the camera since 2021/09/17.

————

@shaktir6670 mentioned the same issue in another thread: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Can-t-order-hero-10-not-able-to-reach-customer-service/m-p/12...

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problem (Spain). This is a problem with your checkout system.

Tourist

[ New ]

I've contacted support like 2 weeks ago about the same problem and still no solution. Meanwhile I've gotten 5 emails in the last 2 weeks with "we are still currently standing by for a response from our technical team"

GoPro

[ New ]

@supercliff85431, @coolpike33765, sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Due to the difficulties that you are experiencing, we recommend that you purchase locally through a nearby retailer or one of our local distributors.

GoPro

[ New ]

@luh216, I made a follow-up with our team for your account. We'll keep you posted as soon as new information is available. Thanks for your patience.

GoPro

[ New ]

@brasombra, just to check, did you use the same email address you have on your Support Hub profile?

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez Thank you!

Just to be clear, I contacted the suport several times, the case where I uploaded my screenshots and information (almost two weeks ago) is #10464970. I've been getting most likely automated/scripted updates (same text every time) about how your team is working on it every 3 to 4 days, with what I guess is a reference code: [ ref:_00Do0HJuF._5003b1dAzg4:ref ].

If you need any cooperation from my side, feel free to ask - I am a developer and can easily do some front-end/network debugging.

This is the result of clicking "Place Order" (using PayPal in this instance, same result if I fill in a debit card details):

gopro-checkout-01.png

Interestingly, POST data seem to be completely empty (not a single variable there), but there is a host of information and tokens listed in cookie data of the requet header. I am assuming the order details have already been stored at the server at this point and the cookies just point to it.

You can see both AdBlock and Disconnect running - but whitelisting the site or running in a different browser with no extensions doesn't change the outcome.

GoPro

[ New ]

@luh216, we just received an update from our team. You should now be able to place an order. Please try again. Let us know how it goes. Thanks for your patience!

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez  thank you for the update!

I see some changes in the address filling step (some forms of writing the street name bring up a box suggesting a garbled address, found a form that seems to be accepted/validated fine), but ultimately the result is the same error message on "Place Order" click: "We're sorry, but your order cannot be placed. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact our customer service center."

I tried a few variations of the address, even the garbled suggested one, and both debit card and PayPal.

Should I contact support again to provide specific details?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Absolutely the same problem...Smiley Frustrated

I try to make an order 5th day and always see the same in the end: «We're sorry, but your order cannot be placed. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact our customer service center.» Yes, I feel this is a mistake! Because I make orders in different shops all over the USA and never have any troubles, but here you told me «sorry».

GoPro

[ New ]

@luh216, @kleemann, sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience. U​​​​​unfortunately, it appears as though our Order Support Team is having issues with the orders that you've submitted. Due to this and the difficulties that you are experiencing, we recommend that you purchase locally through a nearby retailer or one of our local distributors. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez I confirmed with a support agent that my case is really not gonna be resolved.

Buying locally isn't a viable alternative - some of the accessories I want just aren't available in Vietnam, and the sum of the rest of what I wanted to buy costs hundreds of dollars more than  the sum of all I wanted to order from this shop, including shipping and taxes. While I'd love to have the new GoPro, I don't need it that much, not going to spend a month's worth of salary on it. Most likely I'll go with the other new toy from a competing manufacturer, because it just makes more sense regarding the value.

I already ranted about my experience in another thread, just letting the people here know that in my case the shop is still broken, always giving the same error.

Tourist

[ New ]
Bonjour

J essaie de passer commande est impossible .
Le support me répond qu il n y a que moi qui rencontre ce problème et qu ils ne peuvent rien faire.
Il me dise d essayer sur un autre ordi alors que je leur ai dit que j avais essayé sur 3 ordi différents , tous les navigateurs, en mode privé , avec reset du cache, avec plusieurs adresses mails et plusieurs cartes …
Rien à faire ça ne marche pas !!
J avais crée un post avant de tomber sur celui là …
https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Impossible-de-passer-ma-commande-sur-le-site-GoPro/td-p/13224...

A ce demander si leur réduction sur leur site n est pas qu un fake ! Et qu au final ils nous poussent à aller acheter la camera à prix fort chez un revendeur !

Bref si pas de solution , j vais finir chez DJI !
Tourist

[ New ]
Bonjour

Même problème!

J avais créé un post similaire et ce vient de voir que le sujet n est pas récent !

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Can-t-buy-GoPro-Hero10-Error-when-clicking-on-the-quot-Place/...

Le support me dit que cela n arrive qu à moi et que je dois essayer depuis un autre ordinateur …
Pourtant j ai essayé depuis 3 ordinateurs, avec tous les navigateurs , depuis le téléphone, en navigation privé , avec reset du cache, avec différentes cartes bancaire , même PayPal, et aussi différentes adresses !
Rien à faire , toujours le même message !

Bref si aucune solution , j vais finir chez DJI !
Sightseer

[ New ]

I don't know if anybody has posted this but I'm going to post it anyway. I've been trying to purchase a GoPro 10 for two days now and I finally got somebody to chat with GoPro. We went through changing credit cards to changing browsers but all it took was this one simple step. Use a different email address when you place your order. That is key, Vanessa my agent told me that their system sometimes rejects certain email addresses. Don't ask me why that is, I know it's weird, but my problem was resolved and I'm just waiting for my delivery. Hope this helps

Tourist

[ New ]

thank you for your feedback @rommella2 .

Unfortunately, I have also tried with different email address... I have also tried to create a new one ... but without success...

You are lucky that it worked for you 😉

Hiker

[ New ]

@rommella2 Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me. I assume the error is actually a catch-all message for multiple different issues.

What I tried to do to resolve this, based on support suggestions, comments here, on Reddit, and on Twitter for some reason:

• change my email
  • order from registered account or as an anonymous buyer
  • use different IP (different local provider, different countries via VPNs and private servers)
  • ask a friend to order it for me and have it delivered to their address (same city)
  • use different browsers, incognito and regular profiles
  • order from phone (default for me is computer)
  • order using PayPal
  • order with different debit cards (Visa and Mastercard, different countries, all in my name and tested working for other international purchases and online subscriptions)

Not sure I combined all of these, but there vere heaps of variations, I was attempting this over a course of almost two months. Many of these seem to have helped other people, hope the summary can be helpful to more going on :) Unfortunately nothing has helped me. As of now, my guess is they just don't ship to Vietnam and instead of making that policy public, they use this catch-all error message when you try to confirm order. I was asking in a local GoPro enthusiast group and couldn't find anyone who actually ordered their hardware from here (but I don't speak the local language and many may have just ignored a post in English).

Note that if you have a friend use their email to order and create a new account, you can then actually change the email address of that account to yours, effectively transferring the subscription ownership. Obviously if you have an account that already has some content you want to keep, this will not merge it, but could still be helpful for some :)