Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Can see pix on GoPro Hero 5 Black but when plugged into laptop there's nothing on SD card

Can see photos & videos on mu GoPro Hero 5 Black but when I plug it into the laptop nothing shows on the SD card.  Have also removed SD card & slotted it into laptop but still no photos show up.  Very frustrating!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Can see pix on GoPro Hero 5 Black but when plugged into laptop there's nothing on SD card

The SD card didn't work on the laptop the first time, but, it did the second time enabling me to remove all my photos/videos off it.  I then had to format the card on my laptop.

The main issue was that my Hero 5 Black hadn't been updated for a long time, and therefore, there were glitches like inability for laptop to view photos/videos on the GoPro.  I did a hard reset and then downloaded the update/s...all back to normal now.

"Chat" with technical support was the best way to rectify the issues!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Can see pix on GoPro Hero 5 Black but when plugged into laptop there's nothing on SD card

Have chatted with tech support & have fixed the problem thankfully.

Highlighted
Hiker

Was war denn der Fehler?

Highlighted
Tourist

The SD card didn't work on the laptop the first time, but, it did the second time enabling me to remove all my photos/videos off it.  I then had to format the card on my laptop.

The main issue was that my Hero 5 Black hadn't been updated for a long time, and therefore, there were glitches like inability for laptop to view photos/videos on the GoPro.  I did a hard reset and then downloaded the update/s...all back to normal now.

"Chat" with technical support was the best way to rectify the issues!