Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Can an adhesive helmet mount be transferred from one helmet to another?

If i buy an adhesive helmet mount for my Hero 4 Silver, will i be able to transfer the mount from one helmet to another?

I will be going for a camp and we will be provided with helmets for certain activities, so since the helmets will be common ones, will i be able to transfer the mounts? Or is there any other alternitive?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Can an adhesive helmet mount be transferred from one helmet to another?

The adhesive is very sticky, so once applied correctly it will be hard/imposible to remove (be sure not to use the mount for one day at least when fixed to the helmet; adhesive need to cure. If not followed propper procedure mount will come off and you can loose your camera).

Why not use a head starp on top of your helmet? (https://shop.gopro.com/mounts/head-strap-plus-quickclip/ACHOM-001.html).

There is also a mount for vented helmets (i.e. for bike helmets).

View solution in original post

Nomad

There is some kind of rubber material on the inside of the head strap, in addition you can fully adjust it for a tight fit. To be on the save side I would add a camera theater and secure it to the helmet.

Adventurer

Head strap is an alternative it may  vibrate and shake, just go buy some   mounts and  take the loss they do not cost a lot when they are after market one's they will not fall off or break, bring some alcohol wipes.

you can   try your best to remive it, then take the 3m adhesive off or slide a new pad over but by the time you do all that  you could have slapped  one on  then be there  trying to get the one off/

Nomad

Try to locate a seller for this https://www.camforpro.com/ishoxs-helmetmount-side/ in your area

ishoxs-helmetmount-side.jpg

Use togehter with a ball joint buckle to mount your camera

All Replies
Nomad

The adhesive is very sticky, so once applied correctly it will be hard/imposible to remove (be sure not to use the mount for one day at least when fixed to the helmet; adhesive need to cure. If not followed propper procedure mount will come off and you can loose your camera).

Why not use a head starp on top of your helmet? (https://shop.gopro.com/mounts/head-strap-plus-quickclip/ACHOM-001.html).

There is also a mount for vented helmets (i.e. for bike helmets).

Sightseer

Thanks. will try that.

But will the head strap slip off the helmet?

Nomad

There is some kind of rubber material on the inside of the head strap, in addition you can fully adjust it for a tight fit. To be on the save side I would add a camera theater and secure it to the helmet.

Adventurer

Head strap is an alternative it may  vibrate and shake, just go buy some   mounts and  take the loss they do not cost a lot when they are after market one's they will not fall off or break, bring some alcohol wipes.

you can   try your best to remive it, then take the 3m adhesive off or slide a new pad over but by the time you do all that  you could have slapped  one on  then be there  trying to get the one off/

Nomad

Try to locate a seller for this https://www.camforpro.com/ishoxs-helmetmount-side/ in your area

ishoxs-helmetmount-side.jpg

Use togehter with a ball joint buckle to mount your camera

Sightseer

Thanks for all the inputs! Been really helpful.Smiley Happy