Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Can I replace the lens cover of my hero 5 with that of a hero 7?

I use my hero 5 to record car racing, in the open air. The lens cover breaks regularly- I just ordered a new one every time. Was about to do that again when I noticed those can't be ordered anymore for the hero 5. 

Can I use the lens cover replacement meant for the hero 7?

This one: https://www.coolblue.nl/product/821949/gopro-protective-lens-replacement-hero-7-black.html

Thanks in advance, Sander

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Can I replace the lens cover of my hero 5 with that of a hero 7?

Yes they are the same just not the color.   have you looked into a super suit or that will break to?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Yes they are the same just not the color.   have you looked into a super suit or that will break to?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Ah brilliant. thanx. I'll order a super suit with that, lets see how sturdy those are. In our racing class a lot of pebbles are flying round- hopefully it'll last now.
Highlighted
Adventurer

it may add that  extra protection.  some of hte super suits require the actual lens to be taken off. and others  simply slide over the camera

do only order  after you fully research.

Highlighted
Explorer

The Super Suit will give the camera some extra protection but the glass lens is going to get pitted pretty quick if your using it in an environment that is breaking your camera protective lens.