Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Can I make GoPro 9 last all night on Timelapse to track dogs movements?

[ New ]

Can I make GoPro 9 last all night on Timelapse to track dogs movements? W are wanting to see if she is going up on the sofa whilst we are sleeping. Not that we are bothered we just never see her do it daytime and wondered where she sleeps at night.

I thought if I set to timelapse it would last all night on full battery but seems it didn't?

Any help appreciated thanks?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Can I make GoPro 9 last all night on Timelapse to track dogs movements?

[ New ]

Hello, @sharkyfax. It is possible by using an external power source to make the recording last for an extended period of time. Make sure that the original charging cable is used and that the power source has an output rating of 5V 1-2A. Users share as well that removing the battery for this setup helps with temperature control. It is also important that the camera is not exposed to water because the charging port will not be covered while connected to an external power source. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Can I make GoPro 9 last all night on Timelapse to track dogs movements?

[ New ]

Hello, @sharkyfax. It is possible by using an external power source to make the recording last for an extended period of time. Make sure that the original charging cable is used and that the power source has an output rating of 5V 1-2A. Users share as well that removing the battery for this setup helps with temperature control. It is also important that the camera is not exposed to water because the charging port will not be covered while connected to an external power source.