Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Can I get my session repaired

I realize that replacement is recommended but is repair even possible? Mine took a pretty good hit and there is a dent in the back of the case 180 degrees from the lense. It seemed fine at first but is now having some intermittent issues but only occasionally.

Adventurer

Re: Can I get my session repaired

gopro company is Sales & Support and not a repai company gonna have to be replaced

Explorer

The internal electronics of the Session cameras are sealed within a thick rubber/plastic coating.  It's impossible to do repairs without destroying the camera. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/GoPro+Hero4+Session+Teardown/44307

Highlighted
Adventurer

the aluminum body can simply be heated up after the glass is off and  removed to  work on the internals,  and will have to be reglued and once opening voids your warranty and water  is acceptable to enter after closing up.

Explorer

I don't think it's that simple. Also, the guys at ifixit are pretty experienced in teardowns and fixing electronic devices. There shop is actually close to my house. They employ electrical and mechanical engineers from Cal Poly, one of the best engineering schools in the country.
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Not hard to tear down a product and open where as was gopro's mistake of not supplying a bolt and o-ring set up on all tehir camera's they chose to make this a toss away product along with their latest models.   Youtube got the brightest people out there to Lol  I am sure  there are other companies as well. to tear down 

Back to the Op's topic @supervista8276  call gopro do ont mess with the camera get it fixed.