Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Can I fastcharge with them same wallplug I use for my iPhone?

Hey guys, I have a Belkin 27 watt USB-C fastcharger, including a USB-C to USB-C Charging Cable, which will mean could charge my GoPro Hero 7 Black.

Does it hurts the battery to fast charge through an aftermarket Supercharger? Both the wallplug and cable do have Microchips who controls the power limit.

I tried charging already and the GoPro charged like 1% every 33 up to 55 seconds, quiet fast.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Can I fastcharge with them same wallplug I use for my iPhone?

It should be fine, however using supercharging on any battery reduces the lifespan. It's really not that significant of a difference, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Just an FYI: Per your warranty, using a 3rd party supercharger does negate the warranty if damage occurs. I highly doubt that you will experience any issues, but I don't want to leave you without that understanding.

From the warranty pamphlet included with your camera,

"Using a wall charger other than a GoPro wall charger can damage the GoPro camera battery and could result in fire or leakage. "

" Damage resulting from use with non-GoPro batteries, power cables, or other battery charging/recharging accessories or devices is also not covered by this or any warranty."

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Can I fastcharge with them same wallplug I use for my iPhone?

It should be fine, however using supercharging on any battery reduces the lifespan. It's really not that significant of a difference, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Just an FYI: Per your warranty, using a 3rd party supercharger does negate the warranty if damage occurs. I highly doubt that you will experience any issues, but I don't want to leave you without that understanding.

From the warranty pamphlet included with your camera,

"Using a wall charger other than a GoPro wall charger can damage the GoPro camera battery and could result in fire or leakage. "

" Damage resulting from use with non-GoPro batteries, power cables, or other battery charging/recharging accessories or devices is also not covered by this or any warranty."