03-12-2019 08:30 AM
Please make sure you are using the proper cable that came with the camera and the proper usb charger. Some USB cables are data only and won't charge devices.
You can also try reflashing your camera software by following the instuctions here:
If these steps fail to work I would contact customer support directly:
03-12-2019 09:34 AM
Charging / power issues on the camera may have something to do with battery, USB-C cable used, charging fault, or the camera itself, @rapidpike61644. The HERO7 White camera has a non-removable battery. I do have some suggestions that might help:
- Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card.
- Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
- If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, remove the battery and connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, let it sit for 5 seconds and try to turn the camera on (with the battery still removed). NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera.
- If the camera does not turn on, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable.
- Addition information about how to properly charge your camera: How to Charge the Camera Battery
- If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
- Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.
In addition, are you still able to power the camera on at some point? Updating is highly encouraged since it is a great way to ensure that your camera has the latest features, as well as to help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras
If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps above, please let our Support team know so they can help you with the next steps. Ensure to have your camera and proof of purchase ready for any information that they may need. You may reach them by phone or chat.
Hopefully this helps!