08-22-2019 08:50 PM
My GoPro has suddenly started to glitch whereby it seems to turn itself on and start taking photos continuously. Unless I manage to turn it off (which doesn’t always work) or remove the battery it doesn’t stop taking photos. I have tried reformatting the SD card and restoring the camera to factory settings but still have the same problem. Any ideas how I can fix this myself? Or is this a problem that cannot be fixed and do I therefore need to return my camera? Many thanks in advance for your help !
08-22-2019 09:43 PM
Thanks for reaching out. This is a strange behavior of a GoPro camera and something that I personally haven't run across with. To further isolate the problem, I have a few suggestions here that might help:
- Manually reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified in this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras
- What microSD card are you using? Make sure that you are using a recommended SD card for your camera.
- Try using a different SD card.
- If available, test the camera with a different battery.
- Does the issue occurs when the camera's Wi-Fi is enabled? Try disabling the Wi-Fi.
Hoping to hear back from you.