Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Camera turns on by itself and continuously takes photos

Hi there

My GoPro has suddenly started to glitch whereby it seems to turn itself on and start taking photos continuously. Unless I manage to turn it off (which doesn’t always work) or remove the battery it doesn’t stop taking photos. I have tried reformatting the SD card and restoring the camera to factory settings but still have the same problem. Any ideas how I can fix this myself? Or is this a problem that cannot be fixed and do I therefore need to return my camera? Many thanks in advance for your help !

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Camera turns on by itself and continuously takes photos

Hi @activetree83142,

Thanks for reaching out. This is a strange behavior of a GoPro camera and something that I personally haven't run across with. To further isolate the problem, I have a few suggestions here that might help:

• Manually reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified in this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras
  • What microSD card are you using? Make sure that you are using a recommended SD card for your camera.
  • Try using a different SD card.
  • If available, test the camera with a different battery.
  • Does the issue occurs when the camera's Wi-Fi is enabled? Try disabling the Wi-Fi.

Hoping to hear back from you.

Kind Regards,
Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Camera turns on by itself and continuously takes photos

Hi @activetree83142,

Thanks for reaching out. This is a strange behavior of a GoPro camera and something that I personally haven't run across with. To further isolate the problem, I have a few suggestions here that might help:

• Manually reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified in this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras
  • What microSD card are you using? Make sure that you are using a recommended SD card for your camera.
  • Try using a different SD card.
  • If available, test the camera with a different battery.
  • Does the issue occurs when the camera's Wi-Fi is enabled? Try disabling the Wi-Fi.

Hoping to hear back from you.

Kind Regards,
Ann