Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Camera turning on and off, not being able to pair, and weird txt logs in SD folder

[ New ]

The titile of the thread is pretty self-explanatory. It just turns on and off without taking videos, just showing the number of files in the SD card. Also, I have factory reset it, updated its firmware, and I still haven't even been able to pair ir to my phone. Just as the process is finishing, the wifi turns off and the camera starts turning on and off again. Also, some really really weird files have appeared in my SD card folder, I'll add a couple of screenshots. 

I really need help, I have spent hours trying to fix these issues to no avail.  

Capture1.PNG

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Camera turning on and off, not being able to pair, and weird txt logs in SD folder

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @lucasn31. We appreciate you going over the suggested troubleshooting steps. If the issue still persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. When you get ahold of them, please let them know about the steps already taken.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Camera turning on and off, not being able to pair, and weird txt logs in SD folder

[ New ]

Hello, @lucasn31. The files are indeed odd. Has the SD card been used exclusively in the HERO Session camera? Which SD card are you using? The information on the brand, type, and capacity will be helpful. 

If the firmware update was not done manually, we recommend doing so. This will help clear any possible error with the current installation. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. 

After the update, the camera should be able to pair with the App as normal. If not, let our Support  team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs now so they can troubleshoot the issue further with you. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, the SD card has been used exclusively for the Hero Session, and it's a Sandisk Ultra: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B073JYC4XM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And yes, I have done the firmware update manually.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the quick response, @lucasn31. Ultra cards are not recommended for GoPro cameras. They may work initially but will eventually cause performance issues. To further isolate the issue, try using one of the recommended cards on this list. We hope to hear back from you. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm sorry to inform that my GoPro is still not working. I bought a 64 GB SanDisk Extreme, which was recomended in the page, and nothing. I'm going to try to factory reset it again.

Tourist

[ New ]

Just tried that and my GoPro doesn't reset. I put the reset files in the SD, put it in the GoPro, press the shutter once, and not even having to wait 3 seconds the camera says the factory reset has been completed... twice. Of course that's not the case. And it is still not recording. I need the GoPro to take a few shots with my drone for a job and I can't and can't and can't make it work and I'm so so so so f***ing frustrated right now.

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @lucasn31. We appreciate you going over the suggested troubleshooting steps. If the issue still persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. When you get ahold of them, please let them know about the steps already taken.