Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Camera stuck in case

Hi i have a "Hero+ LCD", Can i replace the battery becaus its die? i will not use and adapter because i could not swim with the adapter, i need a battery replace do you sell it or have an idea to replace the original battery, i dont know maybe the hero4 baterry can be adapted you are the expert.   

Another dude, how can i replace the houseing of "Hero+ LCD" if the policarbonate is broken or i have to put it on the recicler?

sorry for my no native english... 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

The HERO+ LCD is actually integrated into its housing, so there is not a way to change the battery. Please do make sure that you're charging the camera correctly, using a computer or a wall adapter that emits 5V and 1A to charge the camera. You should just see a red light lit up when charging, nothing on the screen, and when the red light goes out, that means it is finished charging. 

Can you explain the issues you're running into with the battery? Maybe we can help. 

Also, are you saying that the housing tabs on your camera broke, or are you saying that someone else asked about that? 

Thanks!
Matt

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have a hero hd from 2014 is there an app that works with it like capture?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

If it is the basic HERO model then that one actually doesn't have a Wi-Fi function and won't work with an app or remote. If it says HERO+ on the front, then it will. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Quick question, 

If the GoPro does not come out of the case for the HERO+, then what is the easiest way to clean the housing, without dmaging the camera, if i got mud on it?

Thanks, Kody

Highlighted
Explorer

Mud on it, or mud in it? If it's exterior, close the case making a good seal and fill your sink with warm soapy water and wash it. If it's interior, Q-Tips and a lens cleaning solution. If there are dried pieces of dirt dislodged but hard to get, get a can of compressed air and try to blow it out.
Highlighted
Anonymous

What did you do? What happened? New camera?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I know that the GoPro Hero + LCD was designed to be integrated with the case, but my case broke. The bottom part where the different back doors attach. Is my GoPro useless now considering I can't just go and buy a new case for it?