Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Camera stuck in case

Hi I have a go pro hero and it appears to be stuck in the case. It is so stuck that when I try to pry it out the back comes off and you can see the circuit board. Any help please ???

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Camera stuck in case

[ Edited ]

Hi @Anonymous The HERO edition camera's housing is integrated with the camera and cannot be removed.  It was purposely designed this way. If there was any damage that happened to the camera, give Technical Support a call at 888-600-4659 to see if they can help out.

Thanks,

Josh A.

Hub Moderator

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi @Anonymous The HERO edition camera's housing is integrated with the camera and cannot be removed.  It was purposely designed this way. If there was any damage that happened to the camera, give Technical Support a call at 888-600-4659 to see if they can help out.

Thanks,

Josh A.

Hub Moderator

Highlighted
Anonymous

Found this out the hard way, too. My son's Hero case cracked right where you mount any of the attachments. Now what? Camera is pretty much useless if can't replace the case. Suggestions?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hey @Anonymous

That's a bummer, I'm sorry to hear your GoPro HERO's housing tabs broke. Check out the link HERE to email the GoPro Support team or find the correct number for you to call. I know the GoPro team wants to make sure you have a properly working camera in your hands.

Make sure to have your camera's purchase receipt and serial number handy. I hope this helps you out!

Highlighted
Anonymous

I want to replace a battery but the GoPro hero + is stuck in its case 

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi @Anonymous

With the GoPro HERO, HERO+, and HERO+ LCD the camera does not come out of the Waterproof Housing, it's purposely integrated. If you're having trouble with the battery I would suggest a Manual Update. This will help to rest your camera and restore any battery issue. 

Should you continue to have trouble reach out to the GoPro Support Team, I know they would be happy to help out. 

Ley us know how everything turns out!

Highlighted
Anonymous

If the GoPro HERO is integrated with the case then why is there another casing option that came with my GoPro? I have a large event in the next couple of months that I would love to film with my GoPro. However, I will need an extra battery as the event is 2 days and there will be no way of charging my camera in between days. So my next question would be, should I buy an extra battery? And if so, how would I install it? (if possible)

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - For the HERO camera, a second housing is not included, only a second backdoor.

If you have you a HERO with the built-in battery and are unable to charge the camera where you'll be, you might want to look at a Portable Power Pack top recharge your camera.