Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Camera stopped recording after around 12 minutes missing the best parts of a proposal

[ New ]

I'm still a little devastated how this did turn out in the end. The camera seemed to shut off mid proposal after around 12 minutes without my fiancee or me noticing. I assume that this might have happened because voice control was enabled by default and I said the german word "Daraus" which contains "aus" and might've been a trigger word for a voice command to shut it off but that shouldn't be the case according to the manual. Was recording Cinema 4K | 25 | L+.

So, just as a precaution. If anyone happens to film your proposal to see the reaction of your soon to be fiancee, make sure to disable everything you don't need from the camera before. Otherwise you might be left with a recording which leaves the best parts out.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Camera stopped recording after around 12 minutes missing the best parts of a proposal

[ New ]

Hi @sargodarya

Sorry to hear about what happened.

What version is the camera on?

Have you tried checking the contents of the SD card on a computer?

See if the rest of the video is in another chapter.

Check out GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Camera stopped recording after around 12 minutes missing the best parts of a proposal

[ New ]

Hi @sargodarya

Sorry to hear about what happened.

What version is the camera on?

Have you tried checking the contents of the SD card on a computer?

See if the rest of the video is in another chapter.

Check out GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information

Thanks!

Ej