Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Camera settings

[ New ]
How do you change the settings of the camera with protune in the GoPro app? There is no section for video/camera settings

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Camera settings

[ New ]

@samv07205, I stand corrected. I overlooked the camera model info and was under the impression that you have the HERO8 Black camera. @danielr15 is correct, the HERO7 Silver/White cameras don't have Protune settings as they're a simplified version yet built tough and totally waterproof — just grab it and go for it.

For further reference, you can find the Product Manual for your camera here: https://gopro.com/help/productmanuals

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@samv07205, once you have the camera connected to the app, select "Control Your Camera" and make sure to be on video mode. Then tap on the Preset bar at the bottom of the screen, choose the Preset you want to edit and tap on the pencil icon.

Explorer

[ New ]

@aenriquez 

It's a HERO7 Silver.  There are no Protune settings or presets.

Adventurer

[ New ]

well    it be nice that one gopro was made with all the settings and all. they are not all equeal. I guess time for an upgrade.

GoPro

[ New ]

@samv07205, I stand corrected. I overlooked the camera model info and was under the impression that you have the HERO8 Black camera. @danielr15 is correct, the HERO7 Silver/White cameras don't have Protune settings as they're a simplified version yet built tough and totally waterproof — just grab it and go for it.

For further reference, you can find the Product Manual for your camera here: https://gopro.com/help/productmanuals