Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Camera restarted when downloading photos

Hi my GoPro Hero 5 keeps on restarting when I try to download the photos to my phone using the GoPro app. Any troubleshooting steps guys? I tried restarting the camera still the same. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Camera restarted when downloading photos

Hi @kevindearca

Let's isolate where the trouble is. Is it a HERO5 Session or a HERO5 Black?

What SD card are you using? Kindly test the camera without the SD card. Access the menu and see if it will still restart. 

You can also pair it with your phone and go through the settings using the GoPro App.

If it no longer restarts, the issue is most likely coming from the SD card. Ensure that you are using once of the recommended SD cards.

If the issue continues even without the SD card, please try a manual software update.

In addition to this, please see How to Charge the Camera Battery.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Camera restarted when downloading photos

Hi @kevindearca

Let's isolate where the trouble is. Is it a HERO5 Session or a HERO5 Black?

What SD card are you using? Kindly test the camera without the SD card. Access the menu and see if it will still restart. 

You can also pair it with your phone and go through the settings using the GoPro App.

If it no longer restarts, the issue is most likely coming from the SD card. Ensure that you are using once of the recommended SD cards.

If the issue continues even without the SD card, please try a manual software update.

In addition to this, please see How to Charge the Camera Battery.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej