Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Camera renaming ... can it be done???

Dear GoPro,

Please tell me that there is a fix for naming the GoPro Hero 5 and 6 Black.

I sometime shoot with multiple GoPro cameras (as much as 12 and above) and knowing which is which (even if you only use 3 or 4) in a presurised invironment is critical to the success of a production.  No forgeting the ability and need to personalise your cameras.

If there is a way please let me know ... if there isnt,  PLEASE PLEASE fix it.  I appreciate the conectivity is now easier but I'd sacrifice this to know which camera is which without commiting some random numbers to memory.  

Thanks!

Julian

Backpacker

Re: Camera renaming ... can it be done???

afraid they can't, it is silly you can't even tell the difference between the 5 or 6 from the app icons

Tourist

I had 2 5s and 2 6s.  It got very confusing and extremely frustratingas I couldnt even explain to the client what was happening and had my fingers crossed it was all recording. I hope they fix it soon.  PLEASE!

Tourist

I had 2 5s and 2 6s.  It got very confusing and extremely frustratingas I couldnt even explain to the client what was happening and had my fingers crossed it was all recording. I hope they fix it soon.  PLEASE!