Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Camera froze while deleting

I was deleting videos from hero 7 silver. First few images were deleted then the camera froze.  Image is the delete screen with the icon wheel not moving.  Camera will not shut down.  Note, I had just updated the firmware about 10 minutes earlier. Don't know if that matters.  Also, I took out the simcard (it was approved) and I still could not turn the camera off.  Suggestions?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Camera froze while deleting

@shema405, sorry to hear you're having issues with your GoPro. If your camera is currently frozen, try to reset the camera by holding the MODE button at the side of the camera for 10 seconds.

The freezing issue in a camera is usually an indicator that the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used. Try removing the SD card and see if the camera still freezes up. If it no longer freezes, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. You can get the full list of microSD cards that are known to work well with GoPro cameras here

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229