Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Camera freezes

[ New ]

I've had this camera a few months now and just got it out for some motorcycle riding.  Four rides, over 2 hours each ride and two of them the camera froze with the data getting corrupted on one of the rides.  This is unacceptable as the internet is ablaze with this issue.  What is your company going to do to fix this issue?  I really don't want to return everything I purchased from your company but with the investment I made, this freezing issues will not be tolorated.  

Let me know what your company is doing to fix your defective product.

Evan Breyn

***@gmail.com

GoPro

Re: Camera freezes

[ New ]

Hi @bulldog485

We'd like to check on this further.

What SD card are you using? What version is the camera on?

What resolution and settings were used?

Do you observe the same when recording in a different resolution?

Where was the camera mounted? 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I've used two different cards, one a Sandisk Extreme 256gb and one a Samsung 128gb, both recommended on your website.

Standard resolution 1080 / 30fps.

Camera was mounted on a Ram mount on the fairing of my Harley Davidson Ultra Classic enclosed in the Microphone Mod with a power cord running from my CLA Port to the Mod input.

The freeze-up occured after about 2 to 3 hours of recording on the first time and the second time, about an hour of recording with the flashback mode engaged.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for getting back to us. @bulldog485

See if re-flashing the software will help. Follow the manual update steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

If it's still the same, please reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I reflashed the firmware and will give it a try next time I take a long ride, in two weeks.