Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Camera freezes WHILE RECORDING. GOPRO BLACK 7

My brand new GoPro 7 black froze on me twice today during our snow board run. I’ve been planning this trip for months. I’m very upset and disappointed in the performance of this camera. I heard so many good things about this particular camera and it fails me the first time I use it on an outdoor adventure. GoPro please either refund me my money or replace my camera with one that works please.

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Camera freezes WHILE RECORDING. GOPRO BLACK 7

[ Edited ]

You should install the latest firmware update. Also, the battery will perform best (and therefore also the camera) if it is kept warm. Using the Super Suit is a good way to accomplish this as it will retain more heat with the camera.

Always be sure to use a SD card from this list

64GB cards tend to work best.

If your card is on the list, perform a full (not quick) format of the card in your computer, install the manual update, format the card in the camera, and then do a factory reset.

I totally get your frustration; however, according to the warranty, which came with the camera and is available online https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero7-black/important-product---safety-instructions-and-warranty/...

" Low or high temperature conditions may shorten the battery life or cause the camera to temporarily stop working properly. "

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

Nomad

Have you tried new 1.7 update - special fix for this shame disability ?

Explorer

[ Edited ]

You should install the latest firmware update. Also, the battery will perform best (and therefore also the camera) if it is kept warm. Using the Super Suit is a good way to accomplish this as it will retain more heat with the camera.

Always be sure to use a SD card from this list

64GB cards tend to work best.

If your card is on the list, perform a full (not quick) format of the card in your computer, install the manual update, format the card in the camera, and then do a factory reset.

I totally get your frustration; however, according to the warranty, which came with the camera and is available online https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero7-black/important-product---safety-instructions-and-warranty/...

" Low or high temperature conditions may shorten the battery life or cause the camera to temporarily stop working properly. "