Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Camera blur, even just a short distance away

[ New ]

Just got this go pro from a seller on ebay and i'm wondering if the unit itself is damaged or my settings are messed up.

I manually installed the latest firmware via the sd card method and still no luck. i factory reset the device and again, no real noticable change.

however, if i get my face very close to the camera, i start noticing very vivid detail, like my pores, etc. but once i start to back awat a bit, i turn back into a blur.

Any suggestions? I dont see any hints at it being water damaged, but there IS a small crack in the top right corner of the square lense, but the actual lens itself looks like its in great condition.

What do?

enjoy my close up face

Screenshot_11.jpgScreenshot_12.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Camera blur, even just a short distance away

[ New ]

Hello,

I've decided to send this back to its original seller as 'dead on arrival' since it appears to have been damaged in shipping. 

I tried the steps mentioned above for the record, i suppose i can close this topic. thanks for the feedback nontheless

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

and so on, the blur gets worse with distance

Screenshot_13.jpg

GoPro

[ New ]

@rockylift87164, try to remove the HERO7 Black camera's Protective Lens Cover following the instructions here then see if you get the same results. This will help us further isolate the issue.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'll look into this. for the record, here is the extent of the damage to the lense

IMG_2365.JPG
Tourist

[ New ]

still blurry, didn't try factory resetting though. Thoughts?

IMG_2368.PNG
Tourist

[ New ]

Reset to default with the cover off, here the result

IMG_2370.PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

@rockylift87164, thanks for the details. You may try to manually reinstall the camera's firmware as it can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

If you continue to get the same results, given that this is a recent purchase and out-of-the-box issue, kindly reach out to the reseller for assistance.

Should you also need further assistance, you may reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello,

I've decided to send this back to its original seller as 'dead on arrival' since it appears to have been damaged in shipping. 

I tried the steps mentioned above for the record, i suppose i can close this topic. thanks for the feedback nontheless