Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Camera bipping and screen flashing all the time

What I do. I can't turn it off/on., and I must take battery out for stop the flashing and nipping....
Adventurer

Re: Camera bipping and screen flashing all the time

your sd card is removed and does this still happen. I am sure gopro wil lask to try a nd update. if that fails you should contact a gopro support rep  a Moderator will be more then happy to direct you to them if you are having troubles getting around this site.

Look under the headphones on this web page site for the contactus?

GoPro

@quickdive55213, agreeing with @fishycomics. Sounds like your camera is acting strange, and this might have something to do with either a firmware error or the SD cards being used. Try removing the SD card and see if it still acts the same way. If it not, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card.

You can get the full list of microSD cards that are known to work well with GoPro cameras here

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras

If the symptoms still persist after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, there is likely an issue with your camera. Please let our Support team know so they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat.

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

Tourist

I removed the SD card and the camera is stil flashing and bipping and I can`t get contact to the camera. The Go Pro app can NOT see it. 

Alice

GoPro

Hello @quickdive55213. If you haven't yet, re-flash camera firmware following the steps below: 

1. Go to the HERO5 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that the camera is charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to the update process. After the update process, re-pair camera with your phone through the steps here . Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Adventurer

if the removal of the card and the camera still repeats an offand on. I  call up gopro or chat  visit their page gopro.com/contactus.   We can try to put in firmware manually but wll that correct a fault,  may  or may not     gopro rep will ask you to do the manual update   so give it a shot anyways.  can not hurt.

Tourist

I can not do it. :-(
I can't turn the camera on or off.
Camera can be turned off / on only by removing / disconnecting the battery. When the battery is inserted, the camera begins to beep and flash and does not respond to buttons or screen.

Adventurer

then getto a gopro  agent call or chat at gopro.com/contactus. keep the thread posted.