Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Camera Shuts Off Unexpectedly

[ New ]

A number of times now, I'll be filming and the camera will shut off and not turn back on until I either plug the GoPro into a USB charger or change the battery. Each of these times, after getting it back on and switching back to the battery it died with, there was still plenty of charge left.

I have tried different memory cards, formatting from the computer AND GoPro itself, and even ordered new batteries to rule that out but it still happens. Not sure if the camera is defective or if this is a common problem with a solution.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Camera Shuts Off Unexpectedly

[ New ]

Hello, @goproslayer96. Do you get any warning message before the camera shuts down? Is the camera not set to record in Short Clips? Were you using QuikCapture for recording? Which SD cards have you tried out? The information on the brand, capacity, and type will be helpful. 

If you haven't yet, see if manually updating the camera firmware and doing a reset after will make a difference. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Camera Shuts Off Unexpectedly

[ New ]

Hello, @goproslayer96. Do you get any warning message before the camera shuts down? Is the camera not set to record in Short Clips? Were you using QuikCapture for recording? Which SD cards have you tried out? The information on the brand, capacity, and type will be helpful. 

If you haven't yet, see if manually updating the camera firmware and doing a reset after will make a difference. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!