Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Camera Hero9 doesn't turn on with batteries

[ New ]

I received my GoPro Hero9 today. I started loading it and after 30 minutes, while loading I turned it on. The screen started flickering. Since then, the camera appears not to load any inserted battery anymore. The camera turns on when connected to the charging station. What could have gone wrong here? It's the second time this happens, the camera I received is the replacement for the same issue that happened 2 weeks ago...

Looking forward to some insight.

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Camera Hero9 doesn't turn on with batteries

[ New ]

@aragon1006 thank you for responding. I resolved it in the meantime. Turns out the batteries (both..) I received in the original bundle are not working. I purchased a new battery and it works smoothly now. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @redexpert7026. The power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: GoPro Camera Will Not Power On

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for your reply. The camera turns on on cable, when battery is remove. When inserting, the symbol "missing battery" remains visible. No charging takes place. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @redexpert7026

While the camera is plugged in please press the Mode button for 10 seconds.

See if this clears out the No Batt issue.

If you continue to get the same, please let our Support Team know.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 thank you for responding. I resolved it in the meantime. Turns out the batteries (both..) I received in the original bundle are not working. I purchased a new battery and it works smoothly now. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update @redexpert7026

It will be best to reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej