Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Camera Does Not Turn On

[ New ]

Our GoPro 8 does not turn on. We have only used it a couple times.  The battery is sufficiently charged. In fact, we bought replacement batteries thinking the factory battery was bad.

Nomad

Re: Camera Does Not Turn On

[ New ]

Hold down both buttons at the same time and slowly count to 10, and then release both buttons

Nomad

[ New ]

If that doesn't work, try taking out the battery. Plug the camera into external power and try powering it on without a battery. If it turns on at this point, replace the battery while the device is still powered on and plugged in.

Sightseer

[ New ]

We have tried both options and the camera still doesn not turn on. In fact, the camera is making a buzzing, humming noise when attempting to power up?

Nomad

[ New ]

Have you also removed the microsd card? And the battery, and tried to power on with external power?

Sightseer

[ New ]

THis doe not work as well,

Tourist

[ New ]
I've got the same issue. I contacted GoPro via chat and was told they'd contact me to "update me" once I had passed on a video of the camera not powering up and the serial number etc. Haven't heard anything since - that was 4 days ago...
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @alertcreek56251. Our Support Team athttps://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help you with further troubleshooting. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. .