Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Cam want start up any more, seems to be dead.

Cam want start up any more, seems to be dead. Pushing the remote button for 10 seconds, no reaction. Two fully loaded batteries tried. Used it on saturday for the first time making movies, no problem. Even downloaded them to my computer.  Next day want to take some pictures so see the quality. But was not able to do any more because it just want to start up. Pressing the remote button for 10 secs, nothing...as said, the cam seems to be dead.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Cam want start up any more, seems to be dead.

Hi,

just want to inform you that the replacement arrived today in good shape. Thank you for the good service and support with my problem.  Let's hope this cam wil work longer than one day Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Thanks again and best regards,

Philip

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

This is odd, @philipl88. Try this, remove the battery from the camera and connect the camera directly to a power source and see if it turns on. If it does check and make sure that there is nothing lodged between the battery and the battery connector. 

Were your batteries charged separately using a dual battery charger? Did they show indication of being charged, or fully charged? 

Highlighted
Tourist

* remove the battery from the camera and connect the camera directly to a power source and see if it turns on => No it doesn't turns on.

* there is nothing lodged between the battery and the battery connector

* Did they show indication of being charged, or fully charged?  => yes, indication was fully charged.

Highlighted
GoPro

In that case, please contact our Support team for further assistance. To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Highlighted
Tourist

After contacting the support team it was agreed to send my cam back and would receive a new one.  Until now great and quick service just let's hope the new cam will arrive shortly.

20200220_114626.jpg
Highlighted
Adventurer

If allowed, track the pkg, the  that be the return time added a week processing, remember only the camera, you are not to send in your sd card, cables bat , etc..  Also keep in mind you will receive a brown box about 4WX10LX5H, and the lens, interface and back will have a protective film.  Check your camera out, and let us all know how it goes.

FISH

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I only send the camera, nothing else.  I know that it will take a few days to get the replacement, no problem.  As soon as this has arrived I will let you know.

Highlighted
Explorer

Did you write the RMA number on the outside of the box as per the instructions?