Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

CAN"T DOWNLOAD ANY FILES WITH QUIC

[ New ]

Here is my PROBLEM this is my Machine configuration

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 6.37.56 PM.png

Plugin the GoPro Hero 8 with the USB C Cable and here is the problemQUIC cannot detects the camera type, the memory capacity and no files... that's scare me the hell out.

QUIC Opens Nothing

When I click the little GEAR settings this is what I got NOTHING it would not detects the memory folder names, model of the GoPro and neither the VERSION of the Firmware WTF.....

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 6.23.25 PM.png

Than I pull out the SD Card from the Camera insert it with and external card reader same thing cannot see the size of the SD CARD

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 6.36.43 PM.png

AFTER ALL THAT CRAP Happening I download the Manual Firmware Upgrade again copy it on another SD CARD and proceed with the manual update successful, restart the GoPro turn back off than I see something is not right taskes too lonf to power off I see some back light on the backscreen I remove the battery to complete power off the Camera than I reconfigure the Firmware again than FIX the Problem for the power off thing. 

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: CAN"T DOWNLOAD ANY FILES WITH QUIC

[ New ]

I just found a Solution from other Forum in here QUIK for Desktop hope @aragon1006 can provide the link over the SOLUTION. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alexl8465

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Please go over the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Mac

If connecting the camera via the USB cable, launch Quik, plug the camera then power it on. This should work.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

Sorry @aragon1006 try it step by step and DOESN'T Work, but on the other hand on my iPhone with the GoPro APP I see it

IMG_4443.PNG

On a IOS13 iPad and iPhone does detects the camera and all the files in the memory card Jiust the MacOS Catalina runing QUIK is a NO GO I don't know what to do.

IMG_4444.PNG 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alexl8465

Quik for Desktop should work with Catalina.
When connecting the camera to your computer, kindly check if you get the "USB connected" status.
If this does not show up, your files will not be recognized by Quik.
Try using a different cable or a different port.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006, No Matter what you think or whatever GoPro said, IS JUST DEOSN'T WORK, come on man this is a MAC not a PC computer, GOPRO need to FIX THIS ASAP Is Not the Camera, is not the USB C Cable is not the Memory is the Camera Software   

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4454.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

Nomad

[ New ]

Guess What My Mac Photo Detects the Camera and I can download the files into my Mac Photo and the quality of the 4K video and the Superphoto Image is AwesomeCrispy Clear... Can you explain to me why your OWN APP Doesn't Detects a thing from the Device neither the SDCard.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 3.02.45 PM.png

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alexl8465

Sorry for any trouble caused.

We have raised this to the team in charge.

We'll post back once we have new information.

Thanks!
Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

Holly Molly JUST LOOK AT this QUALITY of screen shot from my Mac Screen straight out from my GoPro Hero 8 Super Photo/Linear No Retouch 

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 4.04.09 PM.png