Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Buying batteries with accessories direct, GoPro Plus

[ New ]

Hi,

I have not had a reply to my query buy messaging on the web site in 10 days. My question was:

I wish to place an order for accessories which includes a battery and the dual charger (with battery) amounst other items, but as I have only very recently bought the camera so don't need another one. This means you won't accept the order due to carriage restrictions. I am planning to take out a Plus subscription so I wish to order my accessories direct. I am now stuck there is no point in having the subscription if I do not have the batteries I need. Are you planning to start shipping batteries with other accessories at some point? If so when?

Thanks Clive

Nomad

Re: Buying batteries with accessories direct, GoPro Plus

[ New ]

Yeah, pretty big thing they failed to mention.

The "solution" that is offered (and I swear, I'm not making this up) is to order a camera and batteries together, they'll ship em all out to you, then you return the camera for a refund.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks Irishmanpdx

That does sound bizarre, but then so are the rules that you can ship spare batteries with a camera but not with another accessorie like the charge that is designed to take them. We can blame samsung for this and their problems with the Note 7 and E cig manufacturers.

Most importantly do they pay for the return carriage fore the camera?

Nomad

[ New ]

GoPro will send you a prepaid return label for the camera, packaging is on you though.

Tourist

[ New ]

That is the standard system for their returns so that rather negates the benefits of GoPro plus discounts and returns me to the original unanswered question, are GoPro working on this problem perhaps finding a courier that uses a different method of transport or route and giving a time frame for a solution.

Do GoPro monitor their forum and provide answers or are they relying on kind users to do their support for them? I am still waiting for a response to my query with support sent via their messaging system. As all of their support seems to be web based there is no reason for not answering support inquiries. Most other companies are managing fine and blaming it on Covid is just an unsupportable excuse for their failings.

Nomad

[ New ]

Yeah, it's all about doing the math before you sign up for something to figure out if it's really worth your while getting.

Go Pro aren't going to respond to this point.  The tech support are authorized to give tech support, they are not authorized to talk about GoPro policy (unless you're violating it), GoPro upcoming products, software etc.  This is just standard business practise, even if they knew, they probably wouldn't be allowed to talk about it.

Also tech support have nothing to do with the marketing division, GoPro plus, and who sets up the shipping contracts.  

Tourist

[ New ]

OK Thanks again i didn't realise that this is tech support only. I shall try another approach.