Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Broken GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, to start off I love GoPro Products. I'm a soldier in the United states Army and often record some crazy footage. My recent videos are often of my diving adventures here in Hawaii where I am currently stationed. Sadly during my last adventure my GoPro took on water despite me only being about 3 feet in(about waist level.) The camera was locked and sealed, tho it will no longer turn on, and displayes that water has breached the battery compartment. The camera is broken though it advertizes being waterproof up to 16 feet I believe? I wass rather dissapointed to see that it being dropped and submerged in water at my waist level was enough to take out my favorite camera. Is there any suggestions on how I can get a replacement camera without taking out of my own funds/wallet? I still have the camera, Is there a way to contact support to return my camera and have a new one sent?

Broken GoPro.jpg
Adventurer

Re: Broken GoPro

[ New ]

the subscription plan you have, the webpage  should be on the side showing the contact us 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

chat or talk to a rep, have all the paperwork, video, serial and a photo at hand. if it is  just a regular warranty they will not cover it its noted in the warranty  about water, negligence etc.

thank you 

Hiker

[ New ]

...issue number 30+ in this forum ......... about ...max definitely not waterproof .......

just wondering where the usual answer.... is waterproof ... you have'nt closed the door correctly .... is .....

.. and the support will tell you ... no warranty .... but if you have that 99US$ subscription , and pay additional a small fee about 50 US$ then maybe we can send you a replacement (makes 150US$ for a clearly faulty product)

Adventurer

[ New ]

why the OP needs to understand their purchase