Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Broken Go Pro

Dear GoPro,
I absolutely love your brand, but my GoPro recently stopped working. This GoPro has been with me on many adventures. My GoPro stopped working one time when I was at the beach after I had just been in the ocean. I have tried charging it multiple times and it still will not turn on. After further inspection, it appears to have corroded on the inside, including sealing the battery in place. I cannot remove the battery, therefore cannot see the serial number. I have the HERO5 Black and it is said to be waterproof without needing a waterproof case. I love my GoPro and was upset when it stopped working. All the compartments were shut when used in the water, so I don't know how water could have gotten into it and stopped it from working. (Also, I did not use it deeper than 6 ft.) It is my go to camera for vacations and I would recommend it to anyone. However, I hate that I am currently unable to use it. Is there anything that you can do to help me?
Sincerely, 14 year old GoPro lover
Sadie Cascio

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Broken Go Pro

Hi @sadiec0

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO5 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.
While water damage is usually not covered by the warranty, let our Support Team take a look at what happened. 
You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Broken Go Pro

Hi @sadiec0

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO5 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.
While water damage is usually not covered by the warranty, let our Support Team take a look at what happened. 
You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej