Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Brand new Hero 7 black has blank screen

Today i bought my first GoPro Hero 7 Black. And I have the next problem:

The screen goes off (when I'm not using the camera or when i shoot in 1080P, it goes off after a minute), but then it just black-light, I don't see what I shoot, i don't see any buttons in menu, it just black!

But when I change in GoPro App "Brightness", I can see that black-light screen changes the brightness! And when I change "Video format" from NTSC to Palm or the other way around, the image on main screen appears!
I think that is just software problem, not hardware!

It doesn't matter if there is a SD card inside the camera or not, it just appears.

I already updated the firmware using my PC and micro SD, I already read dozens of forum pages. And I didn't find a solution to the problem.

I put the image of this black-light screen to the attachment.

Sorry for my English.

I hope you can help me!

photo_2019-11-30_00-23-27.jpg
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Brand new Hero 7 black has blank screen

the hero 7 black has a screen saver and a tie limit the camera will DIM to 10% after 1 minute, you are saying it is  not doing that but going total blank wit ha back light only no  livefeed. 

I manually flash the firmware, factory reset the camera and  if htat fixes let the site know, if it does not your next step is to either contact gopro, or return your new camera for an exchange , if it s pass a return the ncontact gopro for a warranty

you know how to look for firmware here and contct gopro?

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for answer!

I've already reset the settings twice and tried to install firmware 1.80 and 1.90 using my PC and SD-card.

I got a camera from another country as a gift. As far as I know, the company does not have an international warranty, and in my country it will not be able to help with the replacement of the camera.

That's why I'm looking for a solution on my own. It really looks like a software problem ._.

But maybe Gopro can help me with this problem? How can I message to them?

Highlighted
Adventurer

you want a gopro rep here to hlp you out, no problem  when they do chime in they will  offer two things, what was just told to you, and to call or chat wih Support.   They will trouble shoot exactly what we just offered you. and  may also give you a few options.  when they do please report back of  what was told to you?

If you want to get  ther faster