Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Brand new GP 9 H black will not turn on properly

[ New ]

Hi there!

My GoPro Hero 9 Black arrived today.

I have a fully charged battery and the sd card is inserted.

When I turn it on, it beeps and powers up and starts filming automatically. 

The touch screen is on and the time-counter is counting seconds, but the touch screen is completely unresponsive. Touching, pressing, swiping does nothing. 

The only way to stop it filming is to prss the power button, but this shuts the camera off. 

Also - I cannot register it as something is wrong with the resigtration page. I have tried two different comuters and four different browsers!

Many thanks for your help  : )

Hiker

Re: Brand new GP 9 H black will not turn on properly

[ New ]

Quick update - hte serial number seciton of the registration page is not recognising the serial number. I have checked it ten times and it still highlights in red (my email address highlights in green whichh is good) 

All helo is appreicated greatly!

Backpacker

[ New ]

Please note, that the power button is located on the side of the camera.  This is also known as the "Mode" button.

The button on the top of the camera is the shutter/quick capture button.  Pressing this will power on the camera immediately and start recording video.  Pressing again will power off the camera.  While the camera is recording in this mode no menu's or touch screen activity will be available.

Hiker

[ New ]

^ Thank you! Indeed this was my problem. Noob mistake. Big red button looks like power, the actual power button says "mode" Aye...