Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Brand New Hero5 Black LCD touch screen won't turn on

Im at the verge of shattering this camera into pieces ive spent 4 hours googleing youtubing and searching the **bleep** world how to turn on the screen to my gopro hero5 i just bought it today someone help me please im going insane the screen was working when i got it out the box i went to charge it and now it wont come on......

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Brand New Hero5 Black LCD touch screen won't turn on

If you've updated the camera to the latest firmware and are still having this issue, you can try a reset by popping out the battery. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please reach out to one of our Customer Support team members at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus and ehy'll be glad to troubleshoot the issues with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - If you haven't already, please try to upload the new firmware for the camera - https://gopro.com/update/hero5. Other customers who are reporting this issue are finding that if they upgrade to the latest firmware, the issue gets resolved for them.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

I just updated the camera and the LCD screen wont come on. I have the Hero 5 Black. It worked when I first bought it, but shut off last week and I havent been able to turn it back on. Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I am having this same problem. Is there any resolution? I just got it tonight. It worked until I updated to latest firmware. Please help!!!!! This is a Christmas gift!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello gopro! I am having this same problem. Is there any resolution? I just got it tonight. It worked until I updated to latest firmware(1.55). Please help!

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

If you've updated the camera to the latest firmware and are still having this issue, you can try a reset by popping out the battery. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please reach out to one of our Customer Support team members at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus and ehy'll be glad to troubleshoot the issues with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

Like others, I have this exact problem. I bought my Hero5 Black duty free when I left Australia on 15 December 2016 and finally had time to open the box last Friday, wanting to have it to film some New Year's Eve celebrations.

I have a 64GB MicroSD card in and when connecting to Quik for my Macbook the Hero5 and SD card can be seen.

I updated the firmware and now on 1.55 but can't get the LCD screen to display so I can't set the camera up, or connect it to my iPhone to control it so basically I'm dead in the water,

I have submitted a support ticket but obviously with the New Year break it is in the queue.

I'd love to get this resolved and start using my camera.

Mark

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - When you updated the firmware, did you do the update through the app or through Quik? If so, there's a chance it did not install completely if the screen is blank following the update.

I'd recommend trying to do the update again, but do a manual update that puts the firmware update directly on the SD card. Instructions are at https://gopro.com/update/hero5.

Thanks,

Jeff