Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Brand New Hero 8 Black Defective

[ Edited ]

Just received my new GoPro H8B and it has green dots on the screen whenever I’m shooting video. There is also a dead pixel on the back screen. How can my brand new camera that was “tested” already damaged? Tried updating, manually updating, factory reset, and nothing worked. You guys are really dropping the ball at this company and giving it a horrible reputation. I will be contacting support during working hours to get my replacement started. I don’t want to hear “The products are in backorder” because I just purchased brand new and received it in 2 days with no delays so how is it that you’re giving customers the run around to replace items that should have arrived in brand new condition? This is unsatisfactory. 

BD4F4F4E-DD5C-4292-B54E-19F61367012D.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Brand New Hero 8 Black Defective

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you, @hectoro6112. This is definitely not the kind of experience we want you to have.

If in case the problem persists after reinstalling the firmware of your camera, given that this is a recent purchase and out-of-the-box issue, kindly reach out to the retailer so they can help you with the next steps and for faster turn-around time.

If the camera was purchased directly at gopro.com, please contact our Support Team so they can assist you further in the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.