Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Brand New GoPro MAX scratched lens

[ New ]

I just recieved my new GoPro MAX now and I noticed te other lens is scratced in a very strange circular pattern, I took picture of the GoPro before I opened it because I was so happy with my new purcase but I'm not happy about the scratched lens. I can even see te scratch when I look at the photo I took before unboxing. I request customer support call and they called me and asked me about my first and last name then hang up on me so I tried contacting the customer support live chat and waited a long time and then I was next in line and then it says "There are no agents available at the moment. Please check later."

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 17.25.53.png

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Brand New GoPro MAX scratched lens

[ New ]

You need to have at least a 12inch clearance around your camera in a "sphere" to eliminate stitch lines, in this case it looks like your camera is just sitting on a table without a stand about 3 inches away from a TV.

Also your screen shot seems to be from a low resolution preview (which will have stitch lines) rather than a high quality finished output (which is stitched together much better).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

Photo before unboxing you can even see the scratches

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 17.31.54.png
Hiker

[ New ]

simply ...customer returned devices ..... repacked ...and sent to new customer.....some of the gopro-staff has written in the last few days...they do not have items on stock......... so ..think about it...where does this device come from..

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sigurdurv01807

Sorry if you are having trouble reaching out to Support.

Please try logging a new request.

Take note of the case number so we can follow up with the team.

As this is a recent purchase, you may also refer to the same store(if not from GoPro.com) where you got the camera from.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Case number 08775283
Hiker

[ New ]

Got my replacement GoPro Max and now the stitch line is all messed up..

Screenshot 2020-12-20 at 20.48.06.png
Nomad

[ New ]

Salut,

Pas de soucis avec ce nouveau soucis...^^

Reinstalle le firmware de la max, et le problème sera résolu.

Pas de chance...

Hiker

[ New ]

I updated to the newest firmware and did factory reset 2x and it's still a problem