Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Brand New GoPro 9 leaked after first use!

[ New ]

I've owned a GoPro 4, a GoPro 6 and honestly I've been very disappointed with the battery life and the unreliable connectivity to my iPhone.  Rarely, are they "plug and play."  

I almost gave up entirely, but once again, believed the GoPro advertising as they've claimed the GoPro9 is the best yet... 

So I bought the 9 for my trip to French Polynesia.  

Well... There's a a bug in the first time set-up, but I worked around it.

Then I used it.  After just one use, it leaked!  I didn't snorkel past 10 feet (3 meters).  Hence, once again I can't use my GoPro which is too bad since I am in Bora Bora.

I think I've had it with GoPro and disappointed that I believed the advertising a third time.  Still not a happy customer and perhaps time to go to DJO or ?  Would love recommendations for alternative, non-GoPro product recommendations.  Mine is going back to Costco when I return from this trip.

Adventurer

Re: Brand New GoPro 9 leaked after first use!

[ New ]

get a DJI Osmo Action and when you do, you would not look back twice, from your mistakes,  DJO all the way

GoPro

[ New ]

@apetersonjr, so long as all camera doors are properly closed, the HERO9 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without housing. We want to look at what happened to see how we can help. Please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]

I think you mean, "the GoPro 9 "should be" waterproof...". In my case, the brand new camera was not.

I will try to contact a live person, and if that is easy to do, we'll continue to the conversation.  I will return my GoPro at Costco when I return home from this trip, and unfortunately, without the footage I was looking forward to.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks.  I will look into.  Frustrated at GoPro that they have dialed in their product after 9 versions.

Tourist

[ New ]

GoPro.  I just went to the "Contact Us" link you provided above.  1.  The Call Back says there is a 2 hour wait.  2.  The Chat says there is a 1 minute wait.  3.  I clicked on the Chat and allowed Pop-ups, but it takes me to an untitled page.  Not even the Chat function works for me.  I'm on a new iPad so my technology is just fine.  

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @apetersonjr

We see that Support was able to attend to your case.

If you have further questions or concerns, please follow up with them through  https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej