05-06-2019 12:02 PM
My new Hero 7 Black will not connect to the Go Pro App. I set the camera to pairing mode, and the App searches for a camera but can never find it and just times out. It's never been connected. I'm a bit exasperated - I thought this would be fairly easy as most device pairing is nowadays..
- A brief description of what you have tried - All the recommended steps on the Help pages (2.4GHz, Network Rating Provider changes, "forget bluetooth and wireless network" settings on phone). Tried reinstall on the App. Factory reset on the GP. Manually updating software on the device.
- Camera Model and firmware version (e.g. HERO6 v1.60) - Hero 7 Black 01.70
- Phone Model (e.g. iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S8) - Google Pixel 2
- Mobile OS (e.g. iOS 10.1 or Android 5.1) - Android v9
- Carrier (e.g. Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, etc.) O2
- GoPro App version - 5.2.2
05-06-2019 12:50 PM
Please perform a factory reset on the camera.
Once it powers back on, remove the battery and wait a few minutes, then reinsert the battery once more and power it back on.
Go through thepairing process once more, and the camera will pair just fine.
Let us know how it goes.