10-24-2018 06:30 PM
I bought the GoPro Hero 7 black and I’m wondering why the battery went from 96% to 90% in a matter of minutes.
Is that normal? It was my first time using it after its first charge and I was just pressing things to see the settings.
I plan to record videos for multiple hours at a time (I will purchase more batteries) but will the percentage always drop quickly?
I understand that I’m asking this like right away but I’m just wondering.
10-25-2018 01:10 AM
there are 2 battery types, thouse made in Vietnam and those made in China. They can be easily idenfitied by checking the top of the battery. If it has a + and - signs then it's a Vietnamese made battery, these have been found to be good straight out of the box. The chinese made ones it seem to have a couple of issues.
1. They will initially only take a 98/99% charge
2. They seem to drain quicker than expected
However they do benefit greatly from a few charge/discharge cycles which certainly in most cases has resolved both of the issues. The easiest way to do this is to charge the camera up as much as it will go. Then start it recording until the battery is empty (depending on your card size you may need to format the card to run the battery flat. Do this a few times (2-3 should be good enough). You should then see that the battery will take a full charge. Some other things to consider.
1. The camera will probably have all it's connections turned on (wifi/bluetooth/voice control etc etc). This means that in effect the camera is always on to a degree and the battery will still discharge over time even when you think it's turned off.
2. The battery can discharge what seems like quickly when in real use (it always seems worse than it actually is), but this is and always has been a limitation of the small battery required for the form factor of gopros.
3. ensure that you have the latest version of the firmware, preferably updated by a manual update and not over wifi as this has on occasions been known to cause some problems when it doesn't cleanly install.
Hope the above helps
10-25-2018 01:59 AM
Not going to go into great detail.
1 cycle hte battery about the 5th time it will start working 100%.
You're new, adjust yoursettings like brightness and you'll see a change not muchbut you're going to want external power or additional batteryies, this is an hours worth camera average time.
10-25-2018 02:20 PM
you can keep wifi on , when the camera turns off ten minutes later wifi gets turned off by bluetooth. Wake up voicecommand o nteh otehr hand will drain teh camera in 8 hours time, period.