Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Blurry 360 Video

[ New ]

Hi, I tried filming my indoor soccer game last night with my GoPro Max on 360 video- 3k | 60fps and the footage looks like 360p. There's a lot of light and my GoPro was clamped to the wall, so no movement. Any recommendations? Were my settings wrong, or is this an edit/upload issue?

Link to Video 

Thanks

Backpacker

Re: Blurry 360 Video

[ New ]

Since you haven't provided us with any video footage, it's going to be hard to say what the issue is exactly.  However shooting at 3K is pretty much halving the video resolution right away.  Don't forget, that's 3K spread out over an entire 360 degree sphere.  So if you're then cropping the image to one part, well cropping by 1/3 would bring you into the 1080P level, it's more than likely you were cropping to about 1/6th of the image to get a more traditional camera look, so your guess of 360P would be about right.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the response. I had a link to the video on the original post, but maybe I messed that up initially. You can find it here: https://youtu.be/WCUP-O8-uJE

For this behind the goal soccer shot, would you recommend switching to 5.6k at 30fps for 360 mode? Or just go Hero mode and shoot 1440 @60fp and hope the wide angle captures it all? I really like being able to move the camera to follow the action. 

Thanks again @irishmanpdx 

Backpacker

[ New ]

So if you switch to 360 Mode at 5.6K 30 FPS and then zoom into the action so to speak, you're pretty much going to have the same resolution as the 1440P @ 60FPS.  I don't think there's a real need to have a 60FPS frame rate while sacrificing your ability to use the reframe option.  I would only use 60FPS if you wanted to do some slow motion shots.  Even at 30FPS you can still do a 20% slowdown and achieve a pretty good result.  So for me, I'd use the 5.6K.

That was a sweet save though!