Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Bluetooth microphones! Please!

Just got the hero 7 black and, as usual, I am disappointed with the lack of external microphone options. The gopro branded one is terrible, the third party usb-c with power is terrible, and both are overpriced to say the least. Enabling Bluetooth microphones is well within the capabilities of the device via a simple firmware patch. Gopro has proven itself, once again to be cloning Apple with its adherence to proprietary crap and price gouging. 400 bucks for a "what you see is what you get" camera is a little much. The performance of the camera I couldn't be happier with, but the whole microphone debacle that seems to follow these cameras around is just sad at this point in the game. Even my Mavic Air can use my phones microphone or phone linked Bluetooth microphone to record audio. Please fix this or improve the quality of your accessories and lower their price points to something more reasonable.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Bluetooth microphones! Please!

Can a mod move this to the correct section of the forum. I noticed I wasn't in the right area after I posted, and it looks like I can't move the post. Thanks!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @holytotemic

This post has been moved to the right section.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our products. 

We'll have this passed along to the team in charge.

Please continue to check out website for updates.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

the addition of a bluetooth mic option would be fantastic!