Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Blue halo on headlights

[ New ]

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Blue halo on headlights

[ New ]

Doesn't appear to be happening on the bike next to you, so I'm wondering if the bike with the halo effect is using some sort of updated cree LED or updated lighting system.  In which case the bright white light (which contains a fair amount of blue light) is shining through the lens protector, reflectling off of the lens and then reflecting back onto the inside of the lens protector resulting in a blue halo effect.

You can mediate this somewhat by using an ND filter to reduce the amount of light entering the camera.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

Yellow skin on banana.

Do you think you could give some more information or perhaps post a photo of the issue you're having?

Adventurer

[ New ]

RIGHT!  

Green Martians

Tourist

[ New ]
When there are a car's headlights in the video and they are on , there is a blue circle of light where the headlight is
Tourist

[ New ]

20191218_052426.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
Here does this help
20191218_052426.jpg
Adventurer

[ New ]

thank you.       I make sur the lens is clean that is the first thing I do

Nomad

[ New ]

Doesn't appear to be happening on the bike next to you, so I'm wondering if the bike with the halo effect is using some sort of updated cree LED or updated lighting system.  In which case the bright white light (which contains a fair amount of blue light) is shining through the lens protector, reflectling off of the lens and then reflecting back onto the inside of the lens protector resulting in a blue halo effect.

You can mediate this somewhat by using an ND filter to reduce the amount of light entering the camera.