Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Blue and red artifacts in my nightlapse images and video

[ New ]

Seems impossible to get in touch with support team... 

Adventurer

[ New ]

really

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the Hero 8 and have had the same issue with blue spots appearing in the center of my nightlapse. I have done multiple nightlapse and they all have the blue and red spots. It seems to dissappear once the sun comes up and more light is available. Hopefully this can be fixed with a firmware update soon?

blue spots.mp4[2020-05-24 20-05-49.666].jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Here is the pic when the sun is starting to come up.

blue spots.mp4[2020-05-24 20-06-14.093].jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
Interesting info. I wonder if it is ISO related or if it is related to shutter speed in some way as both would drop when it gets lighter.

I tried a night lapse saving as images and still got red hot pixels. I was at ISO1600 though. I haven't tried using raw images yet. Might do more experimenting cos GoPro don't seem to be trying anything.

This is my first GoPro and love the daytime videos but night lapse is pointless with this bad quality. I've heard the Hero7 doesn't suffer this issue.
Tourist

[ New ]

I have a new hero 8 and I am having this issue as well, very noticeable blue and red dots on night photos / timelapses. On a side note, is it normal for the camera to heat up to the point that you can not hold it with your hand?

TIA

Adventurer

[ New ]

Yes the camera is working the temps get as high as 151 degrees f. lower your resolution

I hope GoPro can pop in and say they are stil lworking on this and arecoming near a resolution its since what Jan 2020 the last update????

Sightseer

[ New ]

Is there any update on this, as I am experiencing the same problem with my new gopro hero 8 - several very bright red and blue dots in nightlapse mode which make the camera pretty much useless for this purpose, which is one of the reasons I bought it.  I think this looks really bad for GoPro if they do not even respond to this issue, and update customers who have posted to this board.