Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Blue and red artifacts in my nightlapse images and video

[ New ]
Thanks for the reply but these aren't caused that. They are most likely hot pixels on the sensor or some firmware bug. GoPro don't appear to care though so will just think twice before investing in a new GoPro in future and stuck to a DSLR for night lapses. Just a shame the GoPro Hero 8 is so rubbish at night lapses.
Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue here https://youtu.be/TLnLAQ05ZdY

I read a reply mentioning moisture and mold. This is brand new camera just took it out of the box today. Hope there will be fix. Cheers
Hiker

[ New ]
Well I never leave mine plugged in overnight or while the hatch is open I actually have a battery charging station for my GoPros batteries and I always charge up for batteries before I head out. On top of that I just got my GoPro they just replaced it because it was giving me problems so this is a brand new GoPro I got and it's already having these issues. On top of that it seems like GoPro doesn't want to replace them.
Tourist

[ New ]
To be honest people that have had them replaced for this reason have had the same issue with the replacements anyway. Apparently the Hero 7 doesn't have the same issue so this is a Hero 8 issue with sensors or firmware. If they were just dead pixels they should be smaller but they are actually quite large at times.
Tourist

[ New ]

The size of the dots may have to do with the zoom/digital lens (setting you use). I will test and see. I will also check if the dot(s) appear on the same spot. That may mean is a hardwre issue. 

Hiker

[ New ]

i have same issue on my gopro hero 8, you can see in link below.

and i have already RMA around 3 time but still have this issue,Some people in my video comments say that they have RMA and this problem is not found.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Oh it is like saying The Moderator, and adminstrator taken note, passed this along to the GoPro Team, and   its waiting for a  Solution to be resolved.  The Team has  looked into the Problem and has Passed it to the Firmware Team, they are in the works for a SOlution they Passed it to the Testing Team, they   find an issue, and passed it back to the GoPro Team, the Issue has been passed back and fourth Each week, problem is the Team that is working on it is taking orders  and helping out in another  Team area. until an idea pops in to their Heads.  when it gets  to the final Team we may then hear back

@aosa468 wrote:

Yes, like you the spots came after a few days of night-lapse.  Here is the problem, to leave the usb-c charger plugged into the gopro (hero 8 black)  so that it doesn't shut off due to a low battery, the battery hatch must be left open.  This allows moisture into the innards of your gopro due to condensation from night-time temperature and humidity changes.  Mold spots then grow on the sensor.  Software cannot fix this, only a redesigned gopro where the usb-c port is accesible, but air-tight.  I'm afraid you must never do night-lapse that requires usb power or you will destroy your expensive gopro.  There is a reason why the battery hatch is waterproof and airtight.  You want to keep moisture out of the gopro housing or the inside will go MOLDY.

The Problem is we all have it, only a select few will  complain about it.  Manual firmwar update is the answer, it fixes all.

the Ulanzi U8-7 door takes care of the posters  answer.  but you see  the seriousness it is for some, its not and that is where the issue is at no one will do a thing about the fix, and  8 months in the naswer will be HERO 9 .  not the answer peoplewant to hear

Tourist

[ New ]

I checked again and the blue spot is in the same position, it's the same size. It's in the middle about one fifth from top.