Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Blue Halo border with Underwater PolarPro Filter

Hi - First dive testing my new Polar Pro Red filter ( blue water filter) with my GoPro 7 & genuine gopro supersuit. Dived just 6 meters and I get this crappy blue halo ring around the edges of my video. Checked the water it looked blue to me unless I am colour blind so used the Red filter accordingly

I e-mailed Polar Pro and they were not that helpful, and only offered an exchange. But what if all of them do this? I have to test all the other colours now to be sure if its a fault with their product or something with just my filter

So has anyone actually had a gopro and a Polar Red/Magenta filter and had this ?

The video settings used were:
2.7k at 24fps

I guess if no one here really can point me in the right direction the next thing ill have to do is a tedious trial and error

1. try different filter. 
2. try different supersuit
3. try different video settings

Check the photos attached

water1.jpg
Hiker

Re: Blue Halo border with Underwater PolarPro Filter

watetr.jpg
Nomad

Do you have video footage or only stills?  The reason I ask is that the Halo doesn't look uniform between shots.  So need to know if it's a static of moving artifact.  It actually looks a bit like a reflection caused by a light somewhere.

Hiker

@irishmanpdx wrote:

Do you have video footage or only stills?  The reason I ask is that the Halo doesn't look uniform between shots.  So need to know if it's a static of moving artifact.  It actually looks a bit like a reflection caused by a light somewhere.

Yep sure do

it could be condensation between the filter and supersuit