Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Blank/black LCD screen on first use.

[ New ]
Yet another post where a black or blank LCD screen occurs, this time on the Max. I’ve looked everywhere for remedies and it does nothing. Is this a battery issue? I would like some insight on why this problem exists over various models. This is definitely GoPro‘s Achilles’ heel. I’ve tried charging different ways with different cables, taking the battery out, taking the SD card out, trying to reset, everything that I can think of doing. Is there any insight? I cannot get the app to recognize the camera so therefore I cannot update the firmware either.
GoPro

Re: Blank/black LCD screen on first use.

[ New ]

Hello, @stoutalp6153. Among the common causes of a blank/black LCD is an incorrectly placed SD card. This causes pressure on the screen. We recommend doing a manual update. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately that is not the problem. As an update, I am able to access the GoPro on my phone, just not in any way on the LCD screen. My guess is that I have a faulty unit with a faulty LCD screen.
GoPro

[ New ]

In that case, please let our Support Team know so they can help with the next steps. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number.