Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Blank Screen

[ New ]

Not sure why I can't see the replies to this problem...appears numerous of people have the same problem.
New Hero 5 and charged the battery turned it on...blank white screen...

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Blank Screen

[ New ]

Hello @rockyjump48870

Sorry to hear about the screen not working as it should. There are separate threads for the same issue with recommended steps  to solve. I am also wondering why you are not able to see them. We will have to check settings on the Hub. Let me help you. 

Is the SD card seated correctly on the camera? A number of cases of screen not working were identified to be due to incorrect placement of the SD card. If this is not the case with yours, let us do a manual update on your camera, even if it has the latest firmware already. Please find the instructions below as guide: 

1. Go to the HERO5 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that your camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to updating. If the camera screen issue is still not resolved by the manual update, it would be time to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks,

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @rockyjump48870

Sorry to hear about the screen not working as it should. There are separate threads for the same issue with recommended steps  to solve. I am also wondering why you are not able to see them. We will have to check settings on the Hub. Let me help you. 

Is the SD card seated correctly on the camera? A number of cases of screen not working were identified to be due to incorrect placement of the SD card. If this is not the case with yours, let us do a manual update on your camera, even if it has the latest firmware already. Please find the instructions below as guide: 

1. Go to the HERO5 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that your camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to updating. If the camera screen issue is still not resolved by the manual update, it would be time to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks,

Marius

Adventurer

[ New ]

If you like to know I read about all the posts here and this is hte first one that mentioned a blank white screen.