Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Black6 loop issue

HI I've just had a new gopro 6 black
When I set up to loop video it only saves the 1St five minutes of film recorded, doesn't matter what I set it to. It only ever says five minutes
Tried replacement SD card, factory reset and updated
Still always does the same thing on loop video.
Anyone had this issue before?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Black6 loop issue

Hello @boldhero18728

Thank you for reaching out. See if there are subsequent files to the looping video that you captured. This is because, depending on the interval chosen, the camera splits the video file into chapters. For a HERO6 Black camera, the chapter size with looping set to 20 min and above is 5 minutes. This article discusses chaptering in detail. Let the file naming convention guide you in looking for the files. You can find the information here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/GoPro-Camera-File-Naming-Convention

Fell free to post back for any other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Black6 loop issue

Hello @boldhero18728

Thank you for reaching out. See if there are subsequent files to the looping video that you captured. This is because, depending on the interval chosen, the camera splits the video file into chapters. For a HERO6 Black camera, the chapter size with looping set to 20 min and above is 5 minutes. This article discusses chaptering in detail. Let the file naming convention guide you in looking for the files. You can find the information here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/GoPro-Camera-File-Naming-Convention

Fell free to post back for any other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 
Marius