Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Black screen on hero Max

[ New ]

I bought a Gopro MAX few months ago and worked fine till now. Few day ago, I turned the camera on and the screen turned on black.

The backlight of the screen works but with no images of any kind, only black pixels.

On the mobile app the camera works and the preview still work fine. The camera can record and take photos but the screen is usless. Always Black. I tryied to reset, restart, upgrade firmware as I red on forum but nothing changed. the screen is always black.

Can you replace it? If you check I bought it online directly on gopro website few months ago.

Please send e the datail to preceed.

Thanks,

Umberto.

GoPro

Re: Black screen on hero Max

[ New ]

Hello @umbertofurioso. Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]

I tryied all the solution you suggest me.

The problem persist...

I tryied twice with no success...

Always Black screen.

I'm your customer since the first hero HD, I posses many gopros and accessories, used all around the world travelling for surf and snowboard... every gopro camera I had worked always perfect in all situations, from the Icy mountains of norway to the hot sun of egypt.

This MAX camera is the first of my gopro that had a problem.

I want to keep use it and experimenting 360 videos so I'll be glad if you cand find a solution.

So, what's next?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @umbertofurioso

The best path forward is to reach out to our Support Team.

You may contact them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

tryied many time to start a chat with the support but nothing.

Apparently it stall while trying to connecto to an agent.

I would like to solve this case ASAP...

You think will be different if I subscribe to goprop PLUS, they say they change broken gopros with no questions... could be a solution?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @umbertofurioso

Sorry if you are having trouble getting through. Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.
When reaching out to the team, try initiating a chat session then change the region(upper right-hand side) to US-English.
Make sure to enter the details manually to avoid captcha errors.

Thanks!

Ej