Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Black 7 drains battery

@stoutvista01860It appears that you probably have a faulty battery. I went to a short trip to Malaysia yesterday just using a cheapo Telesin battery with my new GoPro Hero 7 Black and I was able to use it for full 8 - 10 hours using Quick Capture i.e. 15 - 30 seconds footage and even capturing some few photos before it went to 24%.

Sure, GoPro may have very short battery lift but I don't think this is designed to capture a straight 1 - 2 hours footage. Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy it has limitations but the memories I'm taking with it are priceless. 

Adventurer

@stoutvista01860  

Yes. wake up will drain the  camera in hours in the off state wh  I in ways mentioned it. if not now you know.

You did  open your gopro box on the bottom by a simple pull tab. can not get any easier then that.   

Yes I understand you got issues and gopro will be more then happy to take your camera back. no need to send in anything but your camera,

camera should  you re flash firmware give that a shot, and one more time and good luck. 

Tourist

I will contact GoPro and see what happens.

Thanks for the chat and advise.
Tourist

Thanks alot for the information, I'll train myself for the quick capture and hopefully i will like it but heating Up is a bit annoying i guess.
Adventurer

yes if that is the option you like to take to contact Gopro and see what they can come up with about why you are wit h loss of power;

Some tips to help out

brightness lower then  higher the lower the better.  screen saver to  the minimal

wifi  connection off as well wake up and voice command

GPS off , 

lower resolutions and Hypesmooth to off and fps lower

beeps and Leds Off.

Keep to a regular format bases on   the sdxc card and use the right one's

if you keep it to a minimal and still have drain then  the camera then there is  a issue wit hthe camera and when you  flash again your firmware  do it one more time but remember to  check each setting again. even on the app check it out. you never know  something can   be forced on

make a note and  hope that helps

FISH