Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Big problem with battery and charge HERO 6 black please help

Hi.

After like a year of not using my HERO 6 Black, I went to turn it on. It would not do it, so I plugged in and it only turned on and showed "usb connected" when doing that. So I ended up concluding the battery was dead. I purchased another original gopro battery. Same thing with the new one, tried 2 usb to type c cables, nothing. The weird thing is that the camera shows always a plug with a circle on it (showing on attachment), it is not showing the battery level, but no "NO BATT" indicator either. Tried to update the software, but comes with level too low to perform that action. As soon as I unplug the usb the camera turns off.

I've already done all the steps of removing battery, removing sd and formatting, reseting the camera to defaults. Nothing helped.

Attaching some pics of the battery indicator.

I've read so much similar problems, but maybe I can get help.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!. I've used like very little.

IMG_20200529_225450.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Big problem with battery and charge HERO 6 black please help

@p1be, sorry to hear you're having issues with your GoPro camera. Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help. 

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello. As I said in the OP, I already did a factory reset, and I already tried the software/firmware update inserting the update folder with files on the formatted sd, but this could not be performed because I get a legend with "battery level too low for update" message. Tried also update via gopro app, this last shown on the attachment. I really need to solve this. Hope to get some help.

error_gopro_app.png
Highlighted
GoPro

@p1be, please contact our Support Team and let them know about the steps already taken. They'll be able to assist you further on the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

I already did that, no help from them, they made me retry to install latest software version from the sd, and that is not possible because of the low battery requirement. If anyone knows any other solution I'll be really grateful.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @p1be. Is there a case number for your interaction with Support that we can use as a reference? Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

I really dont know where that number could be. I've spoke to a person that tried to help but ended up telling me that my camera was useless. Let me know any further information.

Highlighted
Tourist

Any other suggestion or possibility?